Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Beyond Frustrated Today... and everyday lately it seems... 🙄🙄🙄

  So what do you do when even your doctor can't find out what's wrong with you?  Where is Dr. House when you need him?  Is there such a person as Dr. House?  So here's the deal...

  For nearly ten years (or more) I have been suffering bouts of exhaustion (my whole life), getting sick at the drop of a hat (my whole life and when I mean sick, I mean bronchitis, walking pneumonia, ear infections that do not respond to antibiotics... have to go several rounds of steroids, and antibiotics before I see improvement sick), joints and muscles hurting and swelling up painfully, skin breaking down in nasty patchy psoriasis spots on my elbows, knees, in my hair, my hands and at times, my entire body including my face!  My iron and vitamin D have been depleted at times that it even worried my doctor. I'm anemic to a point that my blood had trouble clotting after having a simple plantar wart removed from my toe and I bled for nearly 40 minutes!  (Not to mention that the wart was caused by a virus that my immune system was too compromised to fight off for nearly 7 years!)  My stomach hurts and burns, but the colonoscopy shows no celiac, cancer, ulcers, chron's, nothing... I'm just at a loss.  My gastroenterologist was 80% positive that it was celiac almost 2 weeks ago but the tests say no.  I even tested positive back in 2013 for gluten allergy, but now I'm not?  So now I am back to square one AGAIN!  I'm grateful that there is nothing severely wrong, or even wrong in my test results, but I am frustrated that they cannot find what is causing all of this to happen.  My body is depleted of iron and they can't figure out why.  I can't eat any more red meat than I do without fear of turning into a freaking cow!  I can't lose weight, I feel like a lump, no energy...nothing!  I am so depressed over this that I just want to crawl into my bed and never get out of it again!  I so sick and tired of being sick and tired!

So I have made a decision that I am done trying to figure this out.  I am done wasting my time and my insurance companies money on trying to find an answer.  I am going to focus the rest of my remaining energy on finding a way to lose this excess weight and at least get that part of my body and life back under control.  Maybe the chips will fall into place if I do that.  I think I am going to try a Ketogenic diet for about three months faithfully and see where I am in October and re-evaluate things again.  I know my weight is probably a key factor, but know this.  I had lost 53 pounds back in 2013 and nothing changed.  I was still sick, I was still exhausted, I still hurt head to toe, my skin was a complete mess, my stomach still hurt and my vitamin D dropped to a whooping 17! I couldn't breathe right and my allergies went through the roof!

  I just want some relief.  I want to feel normal again... I think I've forgotten what normal feels like.  I want to look in the mirror and like what I see.  I want to feel good about me and the choices I make.  I want to feel happy.  I'm so tired of feeling unhappy. 

No comments: