Monday, January 29, 2018

Writer's Block

I love writing.  Writing has been my passion since I was like 12 years old.  It was reading before writing because reading took me away from my current life.  Well writing usd to be that escape and now...now?  I am stuck!  I have run out of ideas and thoughts and feelings and places to go, people to meet.  Being descriptive is also in the can.  I need to find out why?  I mean how does one go from loving to write to not being able to finish a paragraph before saying this is shit!?  I am losing my mind because I have so much emotion stuck inside of me and I don't know how to release it!  I used to love to write about a fictional character I had named AJ and his other half that completed him, Torie, but even those two cannot bring me back from the edge of writer's block!  AJ was this guy I had based his looks off of a famous guitar player I loved and the personality traits of several different men that have been i my life, but most notably my husband.  I mean my character had a calm reassuring way about him that made one gravitate towards him, but he was also fun and carefree and smart and intelligent and powerful... I don't know what happened.  Maybe I need to stop basing things on people I've known and just write what comes to mind until I get through this.  My problem is that when I write, sometimes what I write (A lot of times really) comes true and I don't want to see anything bad happen to the people I have based certain aspects of my character off of.  Call me crazy, but it's just how I feel. 

  I've had many emotions circling my brain and wanting to bubble out of me, but I just don't know how to put them on paper lately.

  How does one fix this???

No comments: