Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coolest Invention Ever?

A homemade fire pit!!!  This past weekend my husband finally gave into my plea for a fire pit and instead of spending stupid amounts of money on buying one, he decided to make me one out of curved patio bricks and mortar mix.  Can I say he is just so clever???  After it cured and we let it sit an additional day or two, we finally tested it out last night.  We roasted marshmallows and made smores and talked and had real conversation.  Not the two or three word texts that have become the normal family way of talking.  We had so much fun we did it again tonight... well most of us did anyways and we also roasted hot dogs along with the marshmallows.  I also got to burn 2 great big bags of paper that needed to be shredded as well!!!  I saved my shredder and made sure that copies of my old bills and bank statements will never be pieced back together, lol!!!  So now that most of my family is in bed, and the fire is out after 7 buckets of cold water... I am going to grab a shower and find my bed.

No comments: