Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Whew...glad that's over with...

Well today was the day to finally pull the head out of my ass and figure out what the hell happened... let me explain...Christmas Eve (you know the day from hell???) Well me and hubby were going out alone to finish Christmas shopping, kids were going to go to my Mom's and we were going to have a nice day....HA HA HA!!! I call the bank on a whim to find out if maybe they deposited my overpayment into my checking account...guess what??? Not only did they not deposit the money, the check for $20,000 dollars which was supposed to pay off my old home equity loan was lost and never posted to the account!!! Talk about your heart attack on a bun! I'm freaking, hubby's freaking, hell the dog was freaking cause I was freaking...and noone wanted to help me cause it's Christmas Eve and they were all partying...yes, my luck just keeps getting better...bring on 2005...I need a streak of good luck for a change...so anyways, guess who has no money to shop for hubby for a present??? You guessed it...me...we go anyway, we fight, he puts in half the money I need to buy what he wanted (17 inch flat screen) , rubs it in on how irresponsible I am, should have called the bank, I should pay better attention to things (ok, so he's right, but I really didn't need to have salt rubbed in the wound at that particular moment, ok?) I practically throw up from crying my eyes out cause I feel like a total f*ckup, we talk, we shop, we call and rant and rave over the mistake, but nothing gets done...I get charged for another mortgage payment last night at Midnight, overdraft fee's, the works...
So today, I wake up, call Fleet and get the most wonderful (no sarcasm here people) woman in the world on the phone (Bonnie if you're out there, I love ya) who helps me with everything that needed to be taken care of, walks me through the process, gets everything taken care of and guess what? I went to the bank, stopped the old check, was reissued a new one, took it to Fleet, paid off my old mortgage and actually walked out of there with my original overpayment...WWWHHHOOO freaking WWWHHHOOO!!! I put the money back that hubby chipped in for his present, have money for next week's groceries and had the biggest smile on my face...I don't even think John Rzeznik outside my front door would have made me happier...okay, so maybe I'm lying there, LOL!!!

Other than that, I watched Spiderman 2 tonight with my family and had a good time doing so...lookng forward to New Year's Eve...

I need sleep...I'm rambling now...CHEERS!

No comments: